Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Cooking for Sunday Lunch

As part of my New Year Resolution, I want to prepare a home-cooked meal every week. But sometimes before I realised it, it's the weekend already and I did not plan for it. Anyway, I will continue to try and be better at it.

So yesterday lunch was simple 2 dishes with rice: 



Minced Meat Patties
(Makes 4 patties)
  • minced meat ($2.80 worth cos I can't remember the grams)
  • 1 onion (small dice)
  • 1/2 carrot (small dice)
  • Marination:
  • Soya Sauce
  • Huadiao Wine
  • Sesame Oil
  • Cornflour
  1. Mix the ingredients
  2. Marinate the ingredients (put in the fridge overnight)
  3. Steam for 20 min
  4. Serve (can garnish with mushrooms)
Minced Meat Patties

Hubby and I thought the patties were too bland though they let out nice fragrance of the seasoning. I think I did not put enough soya sauce to make it savoury enough because I thought it was safer to have them bland so that we could salvage them later by adding more soya sauce. But then again, for the marination, I did not have any measurement because anything which my mom taught me was "aga aga", means just use my gut feeling. So if next time I prepare this again, I will have to trial and error. 

   
Mushroom Omelette
(Makes 2 omelettes)
  • 4 eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 can of sliced mushrooms
  • butter
  1. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt
  2. Heat the wok, add butter
  3. Pour in egg mixture
  4. Scatter mushrooms on the omelette
  5. Heat until omelette turns golden yellow
  6. Serve

Mushrooms Omelette

Loving this omelettes.. considered a pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment