Sunday, 31 March 2013

Boiled Coke with Ginger and Lemon

I was bothered by this very persistent cough for weeks. Started with what seemed very mild dry cough, it got worse with lots of phlegm. The night before was really bad that I had to go out of the room for 4 times in the middle of the night just to cough it all out. Applied Vicks at the nose and next minute, my nose was filled with thick mucus.

I recalled an old recipe which supposedly can 'cure' cough. So I tried it last night:

Boiled Coke with Ginger & Lemon

Ingredients
1 can of coke
1 inch of ginger
half a lemon
  1. Pour the coke into the pan
  2. Slice the ginger and lemon
  3. Put the ginger and lemon in the coke
  4. Boil for 10 min
  5. Drink it while it's hot
Verdict? It tastes ok more like very hot lemon water with a hint of ginger flavour. I think I cannot really taste the coke anymore. This drink is definitely better than any cough mixture. So I drank the full big cup. Guess what, I think it kind of work because I did not cough at all last night!!! But the cough came back once I woke up this morning.

Well at least, I think this works to some extent! Highly recommended and I am sure to do this again if need be.

coke, one of my fav drinks
My favourite drink
let the boiling begin
Boil... magic potion
while waiting for the concoction to be ready... our fridge needs to be 'updated'
while waiting for the concoction to be ready... our fridge needs to be 'updated'
boiling hot

DRINK IT!
DRINK IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment