Friday, 29 March 2013

First Corporate Plan Seminar of the Year

Yesterday was our Corp Plan Seminar, a twice yearly event where Division I officers got together to know more about the plans for the organisation ahead. I am just glad that the event yesterday went rather smoothly but the preparation and setting up were kind of hectic. All in all, it was a well-executed programme with excellent team. I am also glad that I did not screw up the audiovisual part.

We had about 600 plus attendees in the cosy auditorium, Axis which coincidentally was under the church which hubby used to go. He also happened to know Kin Wee and Steven who helped us in the setup.

In the middle of the session, my cough got worse and for a while the phlegm built up so much that I just could not stop coughing. Worse was I could not leave my post because I needed to control the screening so I had to press my mouth hard with layers of tissue paper, hoping to buffer my coughing. Luckily it got controlled… with lots of swallowing of saliva.

Anyway, some snapshots on how yesterday went… a little blurry cos’ I took it while I was on duty in the middle of the auditorium… lighting wasn’t bright enough for my hp.

view from my station
View from my station

20130328_145451

the crowd

the beginning
The beginning

colleagues commenting good choice to use black as the background despite some Directors' comments to stick to Corp template
Colleagues commenting good choice to use black as the background despite some Directors’ comments to stick to Corp template

the tree which I "grow"
The tree


q & a ... towards the end... 1st time seeing DHR run up the stage to answer a question
Q&A, towards the end. 1st time seeing DHR rushing up the stage to answer a question

Maybe because I was part of the organising team, I thought this CPS was of good length but Bo commented that it was a bit too long. I guess the content was really nothing new, that was why many actually dozed off (probably the seats were too comfy too!).

Anyhow I hope there were some who were impressed by the visuals and videos (on “The Future of Water” and “Lead India, The Tree”). Personally I like “The Tree” very much. Inspiring. Oh yes for the filler before the start of CPS, we played the Wally Shower Dance video, showing a primary school boy dancing to depict keeping your shower to 5 min. He was quite adorable and spontaneous. Wonder where my Corp Comms colleagues found this talent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment