Thursday, 21 March 2013

Public Service Badminton Tournament 2013

Randomly saw a few photos with the gals so thought I should blog about this.

Took part (for the 1st time) in the Public Service Badminton Ladies' Open, as part of the Ministry team sometime back in end Feb/early Mar. We fought 3 matches and were out of the game, 1 victory and 2 defeats.

First up was against MHA. They were good. Could tell they were trained and their strokes and footwork were more accurate. I partnered with PH and we blew it because we could not complement each other (seldom partner with her) and we were too nervous. We lost this and went into the Losers' Pool.

This was where we met Republic Poly. They looked very sporty and intimidating but turned out that few were really badminton players. So, we won, could have been a very easy game if not for the nerves (again). This time, I partnered with Irene which I thought made a better combi.

After we won that, we met HDB. We were kind of close for 2 of the doubles, but Irene and I in a way "did the worst". We were too nervous, all the shots were off and we did not perform like how we did while playing at RC. Quite disappointed. We played 2 sets, i.e. 21 vs 10 and 21 vs 9. See, very bad scores.

All in all, it was a good experience, only wished that we could play more competition like this, so that we will not let the nerves play the game. I am hopeful but of course this takes time and lots of PRACTICE.

With the MHA players who are young and energetic!

Our MEWR Ladies Players

Courtesy from Bo -- while Irene and I were warming up

No comments:

Post a Comment