Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Evans Doesn't Want to Sleep!

Yesterday it was a pleasant surprise to see Justine at my mom’s place. She thought of dropping by to play with Evans. She also took dinner with us because she missed my mom’s cooking. She could still recall all those soups which my mom always cooked! I told her to visit us more often for dinners since we are usually home.

Anyway, yesterday, mama told me Evans was very tired in the morning. He woke up for milk but shortly after, he requested to go back to sleep. Initially he wanted to sleep on the mattress and refused to go to the “sarong” (which we did not know why). After some coaxing, my papa rocked him to sleep in the “sarong”. Evans must be too tired from the day before (Sunday) which he only took about an hour’s nap! Notty!

Last night, I was patting him to sleep. I expected him to fall asleep pretty soon as he woke up at 6pm earlier. But NO! To my “horror”, he was tossing and turning. A few moments, he did not move but when his anklet started ringing, I knew he was still awake. That lasted for more than an hour. I wasn’t tired but I started to wonder how long was this going to take because he would need to wake up early tomorrow with me and hubby having to go to work!

At one point, he sat up and signalled he wanted to go out but I gave a firm “NO!” then tried to pat him again and hummed some songs (which were terribly out of tune cos of the bad voice). Then he tried his luck to get up again, then I said “No Evans, 要睡觉!每个人都睡了!” Then he went back to ‘sleep’. I must say he was still considered a good boy as he did not wail his way out and still listened to me. I hope tonight will be easier. Maybe I should bring him out for a stroll later to ‘tire’ him out. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment