As Evans grows up, he is more aware of the happenings around him. And giving a haircut is not as easy as before.
I still remember I gave him the 1st haircut, which was the "anyhow" cut. He was only 5 months old then so I thought it didn't really matter if the haircut was ugly. HEHE!
His usual "hairdresser" is my mom's hairdresser, who lives in the neighbouring block. Once we stepped into her house, Evans seemed to be more wary. He kept calling me, then held my hands tightly. He knew that IT WAS COMING when the aunty was sort of preparing the chair and shaver, etc. He started with a whimper which very soon magnified into loud cries, even before the haircut!!!
Oh my goodness, looking at the way he cried, it was as if someone wanted to kill him or give him great pain. I felt sorry that he has to go through this but he really needs to get used to this. Part of growing up???
Poor bb boy... I kept holding him while he struggled and tugged his way. My mom had to hold his head firm so that the aunty could get the more difficult part and trim his hair. It was a relief for us, a huge one for Evans when the haircut finally stopped (less than 15 min).
![]() |
| A very relieved boy, eagerly going back home |
![]() |
| He looked so innocent and relieved |
It must have been very traumatixing for Evans. :( Hope that he will not have nightmare tonight.







No comments:
Post a Comment