Took leave yesterday. Have wanted to go for a long lunch and then movie with hubby.
Since the last visit to Kiseki with BL and Irene, I have been raving about the food and I think that tempted hubby a little. So yesterday, we went there for lunch.
The restaurant was not very packed when we were there but the crowd built up in no time! And for the first stop, I "introduced" my hubby to my favourite segment of the buffet..... SASHIMI! Hubby and I enjoyed the lunch. He also found the sashimi fresh but thought the salmon was sliced too thick. Kind of got sick after a while. We agreed that the food here was so much better than the 1st visit we had years back, at Heeren.
Too busy eating... did not really take a lot of photos this time round. But I must say besides the sashimi, I liked its Yakitori sticks. Very tender chicken skewer! Another surprise was the waffle which I did not get to try the last time. It was thick yet springy. Tasted perfect on its own. But I had it with a scoop of ... ... CHOCOLATE ice cream! YAY! There was chocolate ice cream this time round. And there was another new flavour, BLACK SESAME. I did not try that but hubby did and he said it was nice. I did not really expect the waffle to be yummy, especially in buffet like this. But it was!
Not sure if it was because we ate too much or we did not have any coffees, we felt tired in the afternoon.
Just felt lazy while shopping around for my wallet. I have been trying to find the perfect wallet for myself since the last one was spoilt. And this one I am using is an old Adidas wallet which is slowly "disintegrating" as well. It sheds "dandruffs" into my bag so I think it's better to buy a new one soon.
But all the walk went futile. Did not really find anything I like very much. So gotta keep looking!
Had Ya Kun's Kopi O before heading to PS for Iron Man 3. We did not have dinner, just light snacks for the movie, i.e. Meatballs combo (with COKE). First time trying that, it was ok but as usual $7.50 for that, we rather sneaked in MacDonalds. :P
We watched Iron Man 3. I enjoyed the movie despite bearing with the urge to pee towards half of the show. I very much wanted to run to the toilet but I did not want to miss the excitement, plus I was seated almost in the middle of the row which made it very challenging for me to run out. So I held on and tried to distract myself but focusing on the movie. And when the time came with the credits up, I dashed out and thankfully the exit was just next to the toilet with many cubicles!!! I spared no time and.. ... WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But sigh, I MISSED THE LAST SCENE! Yes there was a last scene after the credits, which nowadays movies like to do that! It's like keeping the audience in suspense and having something unexpected coming up at the last scene so that audience will stay through till the end. But this tactics was getting kind of common. Sometimes, we waited till the end for nothing. LOL. Anyway hubby tried to share with me the last scene.
What do I think about this movie? It's of the Iron Man's standard. The effects were good and the story line was ok. I enjoyed the action but it is not a movie which I will think about in time to come. Just like any other super heroes movies, I guess, they do not leave much of an impression in me. But Robert Downey Jr was charming and Gwyneth Paltrow was gorgeous, that was for sure.
A bit of digression. Before I met hubby for lunch, I went to Mt Elizabeth to visit Tracy and her baby! She gave birth on 23 Apr evening. Little fellow weighs 2.7KG and 50cm long. Cutie! No name yet because he was out 2 weeks early. It was nice talking to Tracy and EK and also seeing little Ah Boy sleeping so nicely was a bliss.
CONGRATS TO TRACY AND EK!





No comments:
Post a Comment