Sometimes we really don't know what to eat for lunch. Today's kakis were Miss Ang, Irene and Kok.
We threw out ideas on where to go, but subjected to Mr Kok's ok because usually he would have some comments. But good thing was he was willing to drive the ladies out for lunch because I did not feel like lunching at Far East or anywhere nearby. It's more refreshing to get out.
Still not sure of what to eat, we made our way to City Square Mall where there were many choices. Pizza Hut? Aston's? EAT? Saizeriya? NO! Mr Kok suggested we try out this "new" restaurant Barbacoa, upon receiving its pamphlet from the staff. "Set Meal starting from $5.50"
The place served spaghetti, western food, appetisers, salads and desserts. And everyone decided to give their spaghetti a try. How it worked was:
Starting at $5.50 for the pasta in either white creamy, base pesto olio or tomato sauce (Olio for me)
Add $1 for the vegetables item (I chose shitake mushrooms)
Add $2 for poultry
Add $3 for fish (I chose pan fried salmon)
Free soup (cream of mushroom) and dessert (one scoop of ice cream)
Add $1 for the vegetables item (I chose shitake mushrooms)
Add $2 for poultry
Add $3 for fish (I chose pan fried salmon)
Free soup (cream of mushroom) and dessert (one scoop of ice cream)
So in a way you could customise what you want in your pasta. Total my order costed $9.50 (without service and GST charges).
The soup was nothing impressive. It did look a little pale and diluted but there was at least some taste to it. Just that really nothing to wow about.
Here comes our pastas... ...
The portions were not big but good enough but were pretty oily. We could see the layer of oil shining on top of our pastas.
Mr Kok's order was the meatiest with both fish and chicken but it was $9.50 so sounds quite calue for money. But I would still prefer some vege to go with the pasta.
Then I saw Miss Ang's order. It was..... a little pathetic with just one small little piece of pan fried dory. :S Maybe usually people ordered 2 items to go with the noodles but Miss Ang had only 1 piece of fishy. Haha!
My salmon and mushrooms combination was not bad. Savoury enough and I could still enjoy it despite the oil and blandness. The mushrooms complemented the bland salmon so balancing the taste out.
Dessert was just 1 scoop of very icy cold ice cream. Though only one tiny scoop, I could tell it was not bad with bits of chocolate in it. But "not shiok"! So, actually the free soup and ice cream... really nothing fantastic. Don't let it be the reason to enter the restaurant. But can definitely try the pasta and probably the western food which looked enticing. Next time... ...





No comments:
Post a Comment