Woke up to a rainy morning today... The rain pitter pattered on the windows so loudly that I could not fall back to my sleep.
And the rain caused such bad traffic that I reached office past 9AM, but so did my boss.
Yesterday, Irene suggested to have Jap Buffet for today's lunch. She had this craving since months ago. She successfully lured me into looking forward to the sashimi spread. So we decided to go Kiseki for buffet lunch. I think this was my 2nd visit to Kiseki. 1st time was years ago with hubby when it was still located at Heeren. Today we went to the one at Orchard Central, level 8. There was a queue there but we have earlier made a reservation for 3 (me, Irene & BL). So we did not spend much time waiting.
A little too bad was, by right our seats were by the window but there was a customer who shifted from theirs to ours without informing the restaurant so our "good" seats were taken. We couldn't care less because our focus was on the sashimi. PLUS sitting next to a table of hunks wasn't a bad thing. :)
The 3 ladies walked in and started the "attack". 1st stop was, of course our favourite, SASHIMI! In fact we filled ourselves mostly with sashimi and not so much on other more common dishes. So, I think our $23 nett was very worthwhile.
We were seated next to a table of hunks. They looked very modelly with sharp features and all. And they filled their table with food but with no one eating them (yet). So I sneakily snapped a photo of their table, just want to show the spread of the buffet, but it was badly taken. I was a little panicky and worried that they would return to their table soon.
I really enjoyed today's lunch with the ladies. Had a hearty chat / gossip, and the unlimited flow of sashimi and other cold items which were like shellfish (I couldn't really tell). The sashimi and shellfish tasted fresh and springy. I loved it. They served abalone sashimi too! Ok, I wasn't sure if they were for real but really tasted like abalone. Their smoked salmon cubes were very springy too! I was pleasantly surprised because usually smoked stuff tends to taste a little too salty but not this one.
Because we really took sashimi more than anything else, I did not get sick of the buffet but we were definitely full after desserts. :) It was satisfying.
The ice cream counter was forever busy with long queue but we queued anyway. A little disappointed that all the flavours were not really what I usually would like to have; what they had were Wasabi, Vanilla, Yuzu, Cookie & Cream. All the white coloured... "WHERE IS THE CHOCOLATE ONE?" Anyway since I have queued, I just took the cookies and cream to try. It was creamy but I do not see what the fuss was, with the queue. Nothing special really. Irene and BL tried the Wasabi one and.their verdict was Wasabi should be used as it is, not for desserts... HAHAHA!
Then the fondue was not really fondue because the chocolate coating did not harden. It was more like marsh mallows in chocolate syrup. On the other hand I liked the very normal looking jellies, served in very cute square cups. The sweetness was just nice and on top was the Konnyaku jelly, so springy, "doiii doiii doiii". Yum!
It was money well spent with the quality of the Sashimi and sushi. Usually sushi served at buffets would taste like crap (except for those in Todai) because they got soggy after being left there for hours. But here, the sushi tasted good. Not many variety but to me, it was good enough so long there was one or two nice ones. Sushi is too filling anyway.
I recalled the quality wasn't as good the last time at Heeren. In fact I thought I might not go back to the restaurant then. But today's experience totally changed my perception. If possible, getting a table next to the windows would heighten the dining experience (esp at night). Can try again!
And a little digression, everytime I wear this dress, I can't help but feel sensitive that people think I am pregnant, which was true enough, this colleague took a 2nd look at my tummy and asked if there was any news... )*$&@*($^@$!%
This dress was bought in Taiwan's Wu Fen Pu very long time ago. I love the colour and I think it gives a bright and cheerful appearance. But I think without my jacket, I will definitely look more pregnant than this. :S
Here is my OOTD:











No comments:
Post a Comment