Thursday, 23 June 2016

The Confinement - The Routine

Day 19 and I have more or less grasped the routine of the confinement. Pretty much the same everyday but it depends a lot on the baby's mood. On good days, we rest more. "We" means me and my confinement nanny. If not, we will need to take turns to tend to the baby so that Aunty can do her chores promptly. But there were also times when Aunty tried not to disturb me so that I could nap a little bit.

So what is my routine?
  • Pumping of milk (3 hourly if possible)
Milking like a cow (each time about 30 to 45 min)
  • Sterilizing milk bottles and pump parts after every 2 pumps
  • Eating my meals (I enjoyed the food Aunty cooked for me but I appreciate the breakfast for it is hassle free and I feel more "refreshed" in the morning.)
  • Eating other supplementary food like red bean soup, bread/cake/biscuits (for tea time)
  • Tending to crying baby when Aunty is not free 
This little one wants to be carried to sleep
I would also peek at the little one when he is finally sleeping
  • Bathing (probably the time I always look forward to)
  • Going online (if possible, and I think I should start to do some online shopping to distract myself from the routine and at least something I can look forward to for my package to arrive! Also I need to get some stuff for Xiao B's full month.)
  • Surfing facebook/youtube/toggle while pumping
  • Watching TVs (I even chatted with Aunty about the show, LOL)
  • Napping (if possible)
  • Chatting with Aunty during meals (If Aunty eats with me, I get to chat with her as she is a chatty and jovial person to talk to)

This pretty much sums up my daily routine (at least for the weekdays).

No comments:

Post a Comment