Tuesday, 21 June 2016

The Confinement - The Big Brother

Though it can be a little more tiring to have Evans around (as we need to entertain his questions and all), I miss him lots when he is not around. He has been cooperative with us so far. No doubt he can be a little clingy but I think it is quite normal since he has a little brother to share our attention.

During this period I also realised Evans seems to have grown up a little, from the way he speaks. At times, he really speaks like an adult. Hah! It also means it is harder to "lie" to him as he will ask logical questions.

So far he has yet to show much affection to "didi" because I think "didi" is still a baby and is not able to play with him. But whenever possible, he will help me to take a look at the baby to see if he is asleep; or he will help to rewind the musical toy for "didi" to listen; or he will just stick around with me in the bedroom when I am pumping milk. I thought it would be awkward, having my boy next to me when I am pumping milk but it wasn't as he listened to me and did not really STARE at what I was doing. He was more concerned about setting the alarm for me to remind me of the next pump and helping me to on/off the pump. Simple pleasures. When I was pumping, he would entertain himself by reading his storybooks or playing with his abacus (with the maths questions I gave him).

It is sweet to hear him say he wants to keep me company. Especially during this period of time when I am "confined" to the house and feeling super unglam (not ready to meet anyone else), I feel loved when Evans clings to me and holds my hand. His hug also means a lot more to me because frankly I need them very much and a lot.

Evans spends the weekend nights with us so I cherish the moments when I can pat him to sleep before I wake up for a series of milk pumping duty.

People say second time is a charm cos it is easier but I don't think so when the issues faced are different. And what's more you have another elder boy to care for. Though it is not EASIER, the experience is familiar and my level of tolerance is slightly higher (or I am just staying in the air con room more). The tougher it is, the more relaxed I will feel when this phase is over. So really yearning for the normal days with normal showers and hairwash.

While I also yearn for the days when things get easier, Aunty Baozhu just chatted with me, saying all these will just be a phase. After a few months when you see the baby smiling and responding to you, you will find it all worthwhile and after a few years, you will forget about the "pain". That's true, if not, I would not have Baby 2.0 after 5 years, right? Just hope that brothers can be bonded soon and hope that Evans will be a doting elder brother whom didi will love.

Evans offered to carry didi when we were back from hospital <3

No comments:

Post a Comment