Fortunately my confinement nanny officially granted me a "day off" and FINALLY by Day 13 (last Friday), I was able to wash my mane!!!!! You can imagine how relieved and happy I felt that day. And bonus, that day was quite a windy and cooling day!!! What a perfect combination! Even though I know I am not supposed to be exposed to the wind and direct fan, etc, I would just "try my luck" and if no one lectures me, I will continue to enjoy the cool air. Life is good again. My hair was oily and my scalp itched a little. I was counting down to the "Wash Hair" day. But because I was having the post-natal massage which my tummy needed to be wrapped with the cloth, I was not able to even shower! For those 3 days with binded stomach, I could only wipe myself. Can you imagine how "incompletely clean" I felt? It was terrible and I did not even feel like lying down on the bed. But staying in the air-con bedroom seemed to be the only choice. Now, I am thinking how to negotiate for another "Wash Hair" day. Perhaps I could convince my nanny to let me wash one more time before baby's first month?
Aunty Baozhu was quite funny, she reminded me not to "play" in the shower; wash my hair and shower quickly. Once done, she would rub the "chinese white wine" on the temples of my head. Deep inside I was feeling a little guilty when she was rubbing the wine on my head as she was so caring, yet I was having the time of my life showering to the max. Aunty Baozhu is really nice and motherly. Initially I wasn't used to having a stranger in the house (like how I remember the last confinement 5 years ago); I grew to like Aunty Baozhu very much. She is a nice lady to chat with and she is very easy-going. We chatted about families, the lifestyle, etc. I noticed that she is a lady who is very capable and tough. She was strong to take on tough jobs, yet raise her 4 children. She is also a very jovial and simple person. I think I am going to miss her when the confinement ends. She has been a good help and she manages baby well. Her cooking also suits my taste buds, cos they tasted similar to my mama's cooking. So to me, though sometimes the meals are served a little late, I am fine with it because she has to do a lot of chores alone. And when the baby is a little cranky, she has to put down the chores and tend to the baby, that takes time. Argh, can I continue to engage Aunty Baozhu some more?!?!
![]() |
| My dinner when hubby and Evans went out for their USS family day |

No comments:
Post a Comment