Recently I joined this FB Group for exclusively pumping moms. Moms get to interact and find out info related to milk pumping. Coincidentally the group was set up by a colleague. I joined the group mainly for knowledge and in case of any questions I might have, I could post them in the group. The ladies are pretty responsive.
But then again whether to accept their pointof views, is another factor. I am my own judge as I find some of the comments extreme or some might cause unnecessary anxiety. Anyhow they meant well.... the main thing is to seek and give support to this community as we can empathise that exclusive pumping is challenging.
While I am kind of used to the routine, it's still challenging at times to pump on a 4 hourly basis as it depends on the baby and if help is available to help take care of the baby. And now I only do 1 middle of the night pump. Even so, after the pump and washing, I find myself wide awake. Just can't fall back to sleep!!! I probably take another hour to sleep but by morning when baby wakes for feeding, I tend to feel exhausted. I used to be able to sleep right after the night pump but these days it is hard.
I don't think I can stop the middle of the night pump because I wish to maintain supply. Looks like I need to bear with such sleepless nights for a while. Actually I should already be thankful that all I have to do in the middle of the night was pump. It is a lil painful to wake up and start moving but once the first step is made, the rest is much easier.
Jiayou!
No comments:
Post a Comment