Monday, 21 March 2016

Helpers of the Community

After the staycation, I did not rest much because I had an "assignment" pending. Another of Evans' school work during the March holidays, and this time we were supposed to make "Helpers of the Community". Did a google and then understood what it was about. So in short, you have to make those occupation whom contributed to helping the community like Policeman, Fireman, Nurse, Doctor, etc.

So on Saturday night, I was busy figuring out how to make it with recyclable materials. Accompanied with the HK drama on TV, I managed to do it and tried to involve Evans in putting the tyres together, just for formality. LOL!


Personally I think the assignments during school holidays are a little too much to manage. It is only a week of holiday and we were given 2 assignments. The other one we were supposed to make the rice dumplings but thankfully, my papa helped me take care of it. Too bad, Evans could not be part of it due to time.

If the intention is for us to build bond with the kids, I thought things can be done more differently. Keeping it to one assignment will be helpful as we can be more focused. And the English and Chinese teacher can help them with the “show and tell” using the same assignment so that the kids can adapt to the different languages, describing the same object. That is my feel and I must remember to share this during the parent-teacher meeting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment