Tuesday, 8 March 2016

A New Work Station

I have moved today!

Thanks to a few of my colleagues... XL for helping me to sort out the "rubbish" in my old boxes and Kelvin who helped me to move the bulky items to my new space. And today, officially, I have moved!

It was very nice of Chloe to give me this flower arrangement last week. Felt like a "housewarming" gift. Haha!
Beautiful flowers for my new work station from my new boss :)
The move was warranted because of the re-organization in the department. With a few colleagues leaving to join the newly formed department, we could not function status quo. I believe in this re-org and I definitely welcome this, as compared to the last 2 years working under a different leader. Also, I am looking forward to Bo's return to join the department. I think it will be a compatible blend.

Initially I was a little reluctant about this move because it was simply "too troublesome" for me to sort out my stuff and "find time" to do housekeeping. It turned out to be pretty simple when I "think big start small". And with my helpful colleagues, things got simpler. Another most important thought that came into my mind to make me embrace this change was "Not seeing it as what I have lost but seeing it as what I still have". I say this because my original workspace has a lot more privacy and it seems like I have more space around me. Thinking back, I think the concern is trivial and what I need to learn is to shut off the "noise" as I do not really have much "quiet corner" now. The consolation is I am seated with the people I like. :)

After note: I got used to my new work station really quickly and it is a good beginning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment