Last night was a terrible episode. After the last feed, I put Eden in the sarong to sleep . He was already asleep but a nasty cough woke him and caused him to puke all the milk. It was projectile vomiting and I was so worried. He was coughing non-stop. He was stained with his vomit and the sarong and beansprout pillow were not spared too. I had to shout for help literally because all were in the rooms, sleeping. Luckily my mom heard my plea and she quickly helped to clear up the mess. Frankly I was a bit helpless, didn't know where to start rescuing the situation.
Eden was probably ignorant of what had happened as he quietly sat on my lap. He could still smile when my mama talked to him. In my head I couldn't stop worrying.
I tried patting him to sleep on the bed. Not easy and I was losing my patience. Surrendered coaxing him and left him on the bed to watch him soothe himself. I know he is unwell. I should be understanding. I guess I am just tired.
As I have expected, the night wasn't easy as Eden kept tossing and making noises. He was probably feeling choked with the phlegm and all, so kept trying to find a comfy position to sleep. So I helped to switch him from facing left and right side. It helped for awhile but the process just continued. Really feel bad seeing a 4 month old like that. So scared to hear him cough...
This morning after first feed, he coughed out a huge lump of what seemed to be phlegm. And I truly hope it was. At least get some of the nastiness out.
Now he is still sleeping in the new sarong... later will need to start his antibiotics.
No comments:
Post a Comment