Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Coughing and Sleepless Nights

At 4am Eden started coughing. It almost seemed like he couldn't stop the coughing. Think his little body was trying to purge the phlegm or mucus or whatever but he just couldn't. I felt really helpless as all I could do was to pat his back and apply vapour rub. I carried him so as to make him feel better. When he was lying down, he seemed to be choking on his thick phlegm.

I patted him a lot, carried him back and forth the kitchen in case he puked. I was hoping he would tire out soon so that I could start pumping milk. Felt a little full and bloated.

Ultimately mama came to the rescue. She offered to look after Eden while I pumped. She tried to pat him to sleep but Eden was still feeling congested with the mucus so she carried and rocked him. Finally he did fall back to sleep. It was 5plus am already.

Eden woken up at 9plus am for his 1st milk. Could see he was exhausted. Usually he would drink at 7plus am.

Since the coughing started a week ago, we did not have satisfactory sleeps. I am yearning for a better sleep for baby, and of course me. If he is well, I will be well.

Continue wishing for speedy recovery Eden! Xxxooooxoxoxoooxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment