Monday, 15 August 2016

Taking Care of Baby Eden

So far being a 2nd time mom is not as easy as I thought. No doubt this should be nothing new and the efforts should be "less painful" since I have done this (taking care of a baby) before. But I think the learning is never ending cos' every baby is different. Don't believe when people tell you there's not much difference in having 1 and 2 kids. It is very different lor.

With Baby Eden, I am mainly the caregiver to feed him, make him sleep, clean after his poo and bathe him everyday. At my parents' place, my focus will be on Eden while my mama focused on Evans and the rest of the household chores like cooking and laundry. Needless to say, we feel tired almost everyday. My mama will help me with Eden when I take my bath or have my meals.

There are good days when I wake up with some sparkle but those are really really rare. My eyes circles now are at the darkest ever. LOL! There are moments when I really just feel like sleeping through but there is no way because it's either Eden has waken up; time for me to pump before I feel really painful or it's time to feed. While we went through the routine everyday, the days pass by really fast. Before I know it, it's already evening when my papa and bro come home, followed by hubby who usually reaches after 9pm. Hubby helps by staying over every other night with the feedings though sometimes I wish he could take over the "shift" from evening. I know, greedy me.

Baby Eden is now 72 days old, just passed his 2 months milestone. He is starting to coo and smile more. It is funny to see him "talking" as though he is really talking sense. I love to see him smile but looking forward to the time when he can chuckle and do a lot more things rather than sleep and drink. Of course, less tantrums please. I know I am greedy and ambitious but I really wish that he could skip after mid-night feeding soon! Hubby said he is quite thankful now that he woke up once in the odd hours (3 to 4am) for feed. But I just look forward to a more normal routine, even though I may still need to wake up for pumps. 

Currently Eden is on 3 hourly milk feed and he is pretty punctual, Evans was also a punctual baby then. Evans started off with 2 hourly feed (I forgot how we survived), then as he drank more, we managed to stretch his feeds to 3 hourly. For Eden, we also started off as 2 hourly feed with each feed of about 90ml. Then we stretched him to 3 hours, now with 130ml per feed, full breast milk. With that, as a mom, I need to stay on schedule and keep milking so that he has enough to drink. There is no more formula milk to standby. Haha! But I am getting lazier, always overslept.

Looking at Eden, I can see myself in him. He looks just like me as a baby, Stunned looking eyes and standing hair. But at times I can also see Evans in him, like when he is sleeping.


Eden Boy, please be good and kind to mama. Smile more and cry less, k?
XXOXOXOXOOOXXXOOOXOXOXX
  

No comments:

Post a Comment