Monday, 29 August 2016

Down with Exhaustion

What a week it has been. Starting from Evans having stomach flu, it hasn't been too rosy. 2 nights of vomiting which dirtied his mattress sheet, bolster, blanket, etc, and mama got hit by the virus after day 2 of his vomiting, last Friday was bad for me.

I thought Evans should be ok as he still seemed active but as the night came, he would start to look tired even though he did nap in the afternoon.

My heart went down when my mama came into the room at 1.15am Thursday to look for spare clothes for Evans, saying he just puked. I rushed out to see the poor boy standing in the kitchen in vomit-stained pjs, and my papa cleaning up the mess and changing out the sheet in their bedroom. I must say my parents were very systematic and did whatever to settle for the rest of the night pretty quickly. Ended up Evans slept between my parents but ultimately I saw my papa sleeping on the playmat next to the bed. Thankfully for them, Evans could go back to sleep very soon.

My heart sank when the same thing happened the next 1 plus am but this time my parents did not wake me. I found out when I came out to prepare for my pump, seeing my papa sleeping on the sofa and Evans on the bed with mama. Felt sad and concerned.

Friday morning mama caught the virus and saw doctor. She was down with the stomach flu. She was in bed the whole time so I tried to do my best to fill in but the cooking and the laundry had to be left aside. I tried to settle the 2 kiddos but the lil one wasn't quite cooperative so I didn't accomplish much. I had to ask my bro, papa and hubby to try be back earlier so that I could take a breather, at least to bathe. Sigh, felt very bad to see my mama like this. Guess what in the end I felt shivery after bath and realised I had a slight fever. Not the stomach flu but more of exhaustion and having to perspire so much without a chance to shower earlier. Might have caught a cold.

Let my papa and hubby manage the baby most times from Friday night through the weekend. I needed the rest so that I can continue to manage this coming week!

Thankfully I am much better now but am back to my-life-revolves-around-the-baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment