Friday, 12 August 2016

HFMD, Finally

What?!!! Evans has HFMD?! I was utterly shocked and disappointed to hear this news from my mom on 10 Aug after she brought him to our GP.

Started off with a mild fever that subsided within a day, I thought it was nothing serious. It was just after his school's national day celebration at Tampines Changkat CC, I thought he looked unwell in the late afternoon. Then he complained of sore throat too, refusing to drink his milk. HFMD never came to my mind. I thought he just had a relapse of his previous flu/cough.

Why I felt disappointed because bro and I had planned to bring him out since it was his post national day holiday. Bro took time off but in the end, what a waste! And friends advised that I should quarantine myself and the baby from Evans. It was rather sad that I had to keep a distance away from Evans. I also forbade him to enter our room where didi usually sleeps. For a 5 year old, I must say Evans has been quite sensible. He does keep away from our room but he still can't help but to play around us, especially my brother. Once my bro is home, he will follow him like a leech, then sit with/on him. This is how much Evans likes him.

Other than the 2 blisters on his elbow and 1 blister on his buttock, the ulcers in the throat seem to have gone away as he could eat better. I wish he can recover soon because I haven't been able to give him a proper hug and kiss. I just felt bad to always remind him to stay away from didi. Hope he doesn't feel unloved but I really wanna minimise the probability of anyone else getting this HFMD.

Other than 10 aug morning, I think Evans regained his energy pretty fast. He is still active and chatty at home. Today is his Day 2 MC. Seems like a perfectly healthy boy too but blisters are still there. So looks like this lil boy needs to stay indoors for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment