Saturday, 7 May 2016

Dinner at The Palete, UE Square

Another random outing to somewhere we seldom venture on weekends. Lately I have been feeling lazy as well so many weekends, we merely went somewhere nearby. But this evening was a nice one, hubby brought us to UE Square for dinner and light tea.

Needless to say, Evans was the most excited one to seeing new places and going to new restaurant and cafe.

The Palette is a small little restaurant in the UE Square. Its concept is similar to The Lighthouse but I think the variety there was a little limited and the price was a bit steeper too. The manager and the waitress liked to talk to Evans and teased him by calling him "Boss" and "Young Sir". It was funny but we felt a wee bit uncomfortable because they came to our table pretty often. And Evans was a little shy. The manager gave him a wine cork as a token and then he also served him a complimentary scoop of vanilla ice cream!!! I was still joking to hubby that hopefully no free ice cream. Luckily Evans was the kiddo who would not dig into the ice cream without our approval. We just gave him a few spoons of it; then hubby and I just discreetly tried to finish the rest of it. Not that we are strict parents but Evans really has the tendency to cough after cold stuff at night. So I did not want to take the risk. I must say the ice cream was delicious as its vanilla flavour was really rich and with the chocolate fudge, it was really refreshing and cooling. Great stuff for the hot weather!!!

At the Palete
After dinner, it was time to take a walk around our old "playground" at Robertson Walk with the familiar surroundings but no longer the familiar clubs like Newsroom, Dbl O, Mdm Wong... Most has turned into eateries and pubs. We used to club here really often, especially Newsroom and Mdm Wong. Felt really nice to revisit the place. There were many people dining around. Happening still.






We ended up at Pies and Coffee for some drinks and apple tart, bringing back some nice memories as I have been there with the gang after our Korean BBQ dinner for Ah Bo's farewell. The cafe was nice and quiet, very suitable for small group gathering and families like ours; unlike the pubs and diners outside which were a little rowdy. 

And before we called it a night...

At the UE Square with Do-Re-Mi


No comments:

Post a Comment