Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Character or Just Plain Rebellion

Today a few conversations which I had with my colleagues made me reflect about my blunt expressions especially to the people or colleagues whom I dislike.

Put it nicely, I am being real and authentic. But is it healthy? I am not trying to find excuses but usually if I appear cold to you, it must have been a cumulative effect of the things you have done that irk me to the max.    Or it could plainly be a clash in personality or values. After understanding myself on what really irks me, I think I need to justify the value behind being this real to the people I dislike. It is not as if they really care and I am not changing anything for the better. Hmmm... it will be difficult because I have tried to be non-chalant to their presence but I felt irritated by the things they said or the way they said certain things. I know I would not be the one asking them to join in lunch. Talking about this, I really should learn from the older folks for being so approachable to everyone and lunch with anyone is easy.

I am now more aware of my behaviour and certainly hope I can pull my brake on my instant reflexes when I am face to face with those I don't like. I shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment