Monday, 4 April 2016

我们的故事 Long Long Time Ago

This is a Jack Neo's movie which I don't normally have much expectations in the movies he made. But I went ahead to watch this movie Part 1 and 2 with my folks and brother, just treating it as a rare movie outing with them. It turned out to be one of the better movies I have watched.

You really need to watch both parts to get the story flow and impact. Besides on how Singapore has progressed for the past 50 years, the movie covers a lot about the kampong life, the traditional thinking of boys are better than girls, the big family life, etc. One reason why I like this movie so much is it is realistic, with the appropriate props, costumes and the acting impresses me. The actors are so fluent in their Hokkien and Malay and they just bring out their characters so smoothly. I am admire Aileen Tan for her acting and image. And Mark Lee makes us hate him a lot because the baddie he played seems so real and I am sure a lot of viewers feel like giving him a few slaps. The kids actors were very professional as well. I am impressed that a few of them seems so young like 4 to 5 years old? I wonder where they get the courage and confidence from.

Bro said that Part 2 is a bit too draggy but I thought it was ok and a good ending to the story. To me, part 2 seems more real and I feel more connected. Though the ending message to the movie was quite "corny" about cherishing the people around you (particularly being filial to your parents while you have the chance), it was quite apt to the movie and reminded us to be grounded.

So yes, good choice and I am glad to have watched it. Encourage my friends to bring along their parents to watch it as well because I think they can relate very much to the story.

I secretly also wish to have such a chance to be able to act in a movie!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment