Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Day 2 of CNY

Evans with Jerm in similar outfits again

Day 2 of CNY was not any less busy. And the stupid flu was still bothersome but I could still manage without medication. Technically bro bought this CNY outfit for Evans and the design was not bad just that he bought him the yellow/gold one earlier which after he tried it on, we decided yellow was not Evans' colour. LOL!

As of the past years, we would visit the Wenzhou clan association with the purpose of watching the lion and dragon dance. Really was for the kids. But we did not want to be there so early because traditionally the lion dance troupe would be late. So we went to hubby's bro's house for visiting and lunch. Stayed there till around 2 plus then we headed to the clan association.


The boys are having a lot of fun with hubby.

Upon reaching the clan association, it was sort of their annual meeting. Personally I really felt it was a little painful because it was very draggy. And my flu wasn't making me feel any better, seated in the midst of the chatter while the meeting was going on; the members were reporting their committee updates through a mike but we were not able to hear very clearly too. I had to distract Evans with the videos in my hp because he was too, getting restless.

Luckily the lion dance finally came after lots of anticipation. And it was quite a long performance. While hubby entertained Evans, I tried to take a rest somewhere, just standing at one end, trying to breathe freely with my congested nose. Really wished to have a bed for me to lie down that moment.



When the dragon dance ended, we finally made our way back to my parents' place, where I could finally rest. Evans was also knocked out pretty quickly after his milk. It was a tiring day but thankfully it was still considered a cooling weather, as compared to the past CNY's hot and sunny day! Considered myself lucky, if not I might have felt very much worse.

At my parents', we had another round of steamboat!!! I felt really contented and happy. Something about steamboat that made me feel festive. YUM! And we also topped the dinner up with Yusheng from Putien. Another delicacy, one of the better ones I have tried.

It feels so good to be on leave tomorrow! I really need the rest, besides I do not want to feel the "Back to work after holiday" blues, which I believed many are feeling it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment