Uniquely we went to the Bedok Library in the morning for Evans to return his books and to borrow others. We had a simple lunch at a nearby kopitiam cos tonight would be a feast! It felt really nice with CNY in the air, despite me having to be in mask most of the time. The flu couldn't stop me for feeling festive. Thankfully I felt better after a warm shower.
Evans and I spent our afternoon resting at my parents' place while the cleaning aunty did the cleaning at our place. Papa and mama were busy preparing for reunion dinner.
Our first stop for reunion dinner was at my on-laws' place. They too prepared steamboat like my parents. It just felt more like CNY with the hot pot, just like how turkey/roasted chicken is for Christmas. And Evans showered me with his cherry tomato juice when he took a bite, the juice just splattered all over me. #$^&*/$#& Thanks. No biggie... just glad to be able to let down my mask and enjoy the dinner.
Following tradition, we also played the fire sparklers just at the lift lobby. This tradition started even before I was married. Still remember how my bro and I would play with the sparklers then take many funny wefies to stay up way past midnight - shou sui. Now we couldn't but we would still try to stay up to the max to shou sui.
![]() |
| Fire sparklers time |
![]() |
| Just the 4 of us but that's good enough |
![]() |
| Bai Nian lor!!! |
After fetching papa to the neighbourhood temple, we headed back home and got to count down to the Year of the Monkey in the car... Evans slept pretty fast and so now I got to continue my shou sui by watching the free singtel tv channels.
Happy Lunar Year of the Monkey, my dear friends!




No comments:
Post a Comment