Tuesday, 9 February 2016

大年初一

Chinese New Year this year is pretty windy and cooling as compared to the previous years. Though I shou sui the night before, I felt energized to start the day, despite my flu didn't seem to go away. But I guess the CNY mood was helping me very much.

It was pretty much standard for our day 1 when we would visit hubby's side of the family then to my eldest Uncle's family at Marine Parade then gathered with my extended family at someone's place. And this year my papa volunteered to host the CNY gathering again. 

I was excited dressing Evans up in his new clothes. It is true that you can't vary much with boys' dressing but I think it is also blessing to be able to dress up boys in different colours and styles.

His poses amaze and amuse me, it's all him.

It wasn't a perfect start to the CNY visiting as hubby was "lamenting" how we were late to meet up with his sis's family for photoshoot. I was seriously a little pissed but really, I did not want my favourite festival to turn out ugly, so I went along and just told him to let it go since it was CNY. Gosh! 

At my in-laws' place, we had lunch and also took some photos. Evans was in a vibrant mood as well and he enjoyed taking photo with jie jie. :)




Last year I did not get to visit my eldest Uncle somehow because of some delay, so this year we made it a point to go there. When we were there, we met bro at the lift lobby chatting with Cousin Lay Cheng. There was a buffet line, though quite emptied out. LOL. Mama was happily playing the poker cards in the kitchen with the aunties and she introduced Evans to them. Of course, Evans would not remember them at all. Haha!

Evans loves his jiu jiu!

It was already late afternoon by the time we drove mama and bro back to their place. We headed back to our place for a nap/rest before we went back to my parents' to gather with the rest. To my "surprise" when we reached at 7.30PM, the party has ended! Since no one got to play any Mahjong, they left earlier and this year, I missed the chance to catch up with my cousins. Evans was still "practising" his CNY greetings when we were downstairs! Haha, that was too bad, 

Nonetheless, I got to enjoy the food and drinks still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment