Friday, 3 May 2013

Rainy Friday

A good weather for piping hot and spicy Bak Kut Teh, as Ah Yeo said. But now I am kind of feeling "heaty"... a little headache. :S Or maybe it's the work. I don't know.

Ah Yeo drove us to meet up with Bo who was on leave today, at Founders' Bak Kut Teh. It was packed with patrons but luckily Bo was there earlier to help book the seats.
the very busy bak kut teh place
Initially we took the table inside the restaurant but it seemed stuffy so we went to sit at the table outside instead. Thankfully for the rain, it was breezy too. The food was served very soon after our order.
the dishes

the lead role, the bak kut
The ribs were tender yet springy. I would love it if it has the soft cartilage bones. :) I also love eating "Tau Kee", a must-have, though I still prefer the steamboat kind cos' I can decide how long to cook it, to retain its chewiness. Ah Yeo also ordered the pigs' parts assortment where everyone got to eat their favourites like pigs' intestines, liver, stomach, etc.

Again, Mr Kok could not join us because of his site meeting. And... ...
making fun of our friend again
It's a mistake to send your photo to your friends... Haha! Hope Mr Kok won't mind our nonsense. As usual, while we were talking and all, Ah Yeo was busy snapping and doing his collage. Stealing this from him:
a collage by Ah Yeo on the Bak Kut Teh lunch
Argh! I am beginning to feel the heat around my neck and head, I think it's the bak kut teh.... Better drink lots of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment