Waking up to a very humid morning but the trio went ahead to have breakfast outside. After Evans was done with his morning milk-feed, papa drove us out to Lai Kee Pau. This time, we wanted to try the roasted meat from the other stall which we thought looked delicious. On top of that we could not resist but to order some dim sum to top up the roasted meat noodles.
The noodles fell below our expectations. The shao la was not bad, the char siew and roasted pork (shao rou) had the wok smell but then not impressive enough for me to order again. The noodles were a little soggy and the sauce made it kind of thick and mashy. Hmmm, disappointed. So it was a good thing we had the dim sum to fall back on to make it a more satisfying meal.
Hubby ordered a new item which was actually sweet tofu fish paste cake at the bottom, with a prawn on top. Yah, nothing big deal. I think the usuals (fu pi juan) still taste the best.
We also ordered the Liu Sha Bao for Evans... too dry. I think the Bao Today's version is still better.
After breakfast, I suggested bringing Evans to the playroom, to keep him entertained, also to enjoy the air con. Evans was of course delighted. He had a lot of fun with the play house and the slide. There was another baby seated in his pram at the play room. I think the dad brought him in to enjoy the air con too since the baby was way too young to play in there. Evans did try to say Hi. :)
Evans surely had a fun morning.
I was feeling a little tired but I thought to myself I needed some workout to feel upbeat and of course to "recover" from all the pork knuckles the previous night. So after I put Evans down for his afternoon nap, I asked hubby to help me look after Evans while I picked up my running shoes and headed for the gym downstairs.
Never really like to run on threadmill unless I do not have other better choice. As I did not have much time, I needed to finish the jog and go back for shower before Evans woke up, threadmill was the best alternative. Jogged for about 40 min or so. Felt accomplished though the speed and the distance covered were not impressive. But a pat on my shoulder for working out. Hehe!
Another place to enjoy the air con and the free space for Evans to roam about would be.... .... AIRPORT! Yes, airport AGAIN & AGAIN! It's near our house, it's a few stations away... We spent the evening there, doing almost the same old thing but so long it pleased the little boy...
From the last Heguru lesson, the teacher mentioned that we could start introducing vegetables and fruits to the kid. So we brought Evans to the NTUC at T3, introducing him to the various fruits/vegetables. Though he wasn't really focused and at times, not too interested, I wanted to believe that sub-consciously he was learning. He did show some interests when I let him carry the cabbage and apples. It was a pity that all the fruits and vegetables were wrapped in cellophane. Here was papa's turn who tried to get Evans interested... ...
After dinner at the foodcourt, Evans re-visited the Aviation Gallery where he could play with the rotating "flowers" again. And given that it was a PH, there were more kids running about. Very rowdy. Sometimes I wish the gallery could be revamped cos' with all the wear and tear caused by the kids running up and down, it looked quite sad and old.
This time, we did not spend much time convincing Evans to leave for home. He probably had played long enough and was a little tired. Then we took the train train home.
This was how the trio spent the PH away... :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment